Fortunately it's Friday and for many that means taking a bit of a break! So take your pick, there are some really great events from which to choose.
1. In the mood for music? Check out Mike McLoughlin and the Jersey Cropdusters tonight at 7 p.m. at The Studio of Long Valley, 67 E Mill Rd, Long Valley, NJ. BYOB and admission is free.
Mike McLoughlin and the Jersey Cropdusters offer a very unique sound made up of many influences -- from country to rock to folk and blues, inspired by Dylan, Clapton, Harrison, Petty to the Southern Rock bands. For more information go to: http://www.valleymusiccenter.com
2. In case you missed opening night last night, there are three more performances -- tonight, Saturday and Sunday!
Enjoy a performance at Centenary Stage Company in residence at Centenary College, 400 Jefferson St, Hackettstown, NJ, by Emmy Award-winning screen and stage actor Anthony Zerbe who will perform his tour-de-force evening with America's beloved and iconoclastic poet, e.e cummings in "It's All Done With Mirrors."
With a long acreer in television, movies and stage, Zerbe's major film appearances include roles in "The Turning Point," "Papillon," "Cool Hand Luke," and "License to Kill." The performance of "It's ALL Done With Mirrors" has been hailed by Fordham University as "a marriage of great acting and extraordinary poetry."
Admission is $15. Remaining performances are: Fri. Nov. 18th, 8 p.m.; Sat. Nov. 19, 8 p.m.; and Sun. Nov. 20, at 2 p.m.
3. Enjoy Friday Night at the Fuzzbox, located at 214 W. Mill Rd., Long Valley.
The Fuzzbox is a place for students in grades 7 through 12 to hang out in a fun, supervised atmosphere.
It is a place for teens to engage in sports, games, music, art, etc., while enjoying free food and soft drinks.
Fridays are for high school students and Saturdays are for middle school students. There is no admission fee.
4. What better way to spend a Saturday morning than to adopt a loving pet. Visit the Enhanced Adoption Center Grand Opening -- a collaborative effort between PetSmart Charities®, Eleventh Hour Rescue and PetSmart® that will save the lives of more adoptable pets in your community.
The grand opening begins at 10 a.m. on Sat. Nov. 19, 2011. Enjoy presentations, guest speakers and a ribbon cutting ceremony at: PetSmart®, 50 International Drive South, Flanders, NJ 07836.
Bring this e-mail to the grand opening event to receive your free PetSmart Charities pet toy. While supplies last.
Tours will be available and pet adoptions will continue throughout the day.
5. Dish a Knish, make matzah ball soup magic or come by for a felafel feeding frenzy on Sun., Nov. 20 at 6:30 p.m. at Temple Hatikvah for an evening of light hearted cookery for teens and their parents.
No previous Jewish cooking background required.
Rabbi Shmuel Greene of the Partnership for Jewish Learning and Life will host this interactive and delicious collation. Cost: $5.00 per participant. RSVP to Rabbi Moshe Rudin at firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
Temple Hatikvah, located at the intersection of Flanders-Bartley and Pleasant Hill Roads is an engaged and active Jewish community affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
Visit the temple on Facebook or call Rabbi Moshe Rudin at: (973) 220-1677.