Long Valley Roads, Gas Updates for Wednesday
Water, shelters still available to residents.
Washington Township has released information regarding the goings on in town as of 10 a.m., and what residents can expect to see today.
- The Delta Gas Station on East Mill Road is now open.
- Grace period for fourth quarter tax payments has been extended to Nov. 16. Read more here.
- Utility crews are working on Parker Road and Pleasant Grove Road Wednesday morning. They are setting a pole at the corner of Parker and Black River Roads.
- Some power has been restored in Gentry Estates. The Office of Emergency Management is trying to contact JCP&L about residences without power in sections of Califon Road, Zellers Road, and upper Mt. Lebenon Road.
- Old Turnpike Road is now open
- Bottled water and ice can be picked up in front of the Washington Township Police Department at 1 East Springtown Road. If the supply runs out, check with someone at the reception window.
- Water hoses and spigots are available at Schooley’s Mountain Firehouse, Fairmount Firehouse, the Police Department and Municipal Utilities Authority.
- Fairmount Firehouse will remain a warming center between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily.
- Trinity Church in Hackettstown is an overnight shelter from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Washington Township Library available to residents during normal working hours.
- The Department of Public works is only picking up trees in right-of-way that have fallen.
- Brush that is tied and no more than three feet by three inches in diameter can be taken to the recycling center, which is open Wednesday until 1 p.m.
- Halloween is still set for Saturday, 4 to 9 p.m.