Over 2,300 Powerless on Day 10 Post-Sandy
Roads opened, electricity restored in some areas overnight.
Day 10 after Hurricane Sandy swept through Washington Township, 2,393 residences are still without power after dealing with a Nor’easter that, fortunately, didn’t hurt the area too badly.
Washington Township officials have released information Thursday morning with updates from around town.
The following information has been issued:
- Power has been restored to sections of Mt. Lebanon Rd, Sierra, Long Hill Road and more of Gentry Estates. Parker Road and many of its subdivisions have also been restored.
- Mt. Lebanon Road is open
- Parker Road is open
- North Mt. Lebanon Road is open
- Power crews are working at Mt. Lebanon, Pleasant Grove, West Springtown Road and Wehrli roads
- Meals at St. Luke's include dinner from 4:30 to 7 p.m.; bagels and coffee from 7:30 to 10 a.m.
- Morris County Office of Emergency Management is working to acquire generators for people with medical needs from JCP&L. More information available at wtmorris.org or by calling Morris County OEM at 973-829-8600
- Delta on East Mill Road in Long Valley is open
- BP on Route 57 in Mansfield is open
- Citgo on Route 57 in Hackettstown is open
- Shell at Five Corners in Hackettstown is open
- Spoiled food can be disposed of Saturday, Nov. 10 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Recycling Center on Rock Road for Washington Township residents only
- A free spaghetti dinner will be held Friday night at the Long Valley First Aid Squad from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Find out more here.
- Emmanuel Bible Church is offering a free hot meal Friday, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Fairmount Fire Company will hold a pancake breakfast Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- A grace period for fourth quarter 2012 taxes extended to Nov. 16. Find out more here.
- Bottled water and ice can be picked up in front of the Washington Township Police Department, if it runs out ask at reception window
- Potable water can be had at Schooleys Mountain Firehouse, Fairmount Firehouse, Police Department, and Washington Township Municipal Utilities Authority
- Shelters remain at Fairmount Firehouse from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Trinity Church on Main Street in Hackettstown from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Warming and charging center at the Washington Township Library during normal hours
- The Department of Public Works is only picking up trees in right-of-way that have fallen
- Brush that is tied and no more than 3 feet by 3 inches in diameter can be taken to the recycling center on Saturdays and 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Halloween is still schedule for Saturday, Nov. 10 from 4 to 9 p.m.