Schooley's Power Returns, Roads Open Thursday
Progress being made in parts of Washington Township.
Power has been restored to the northern side of Schooley’s Mountain beyond the Schooley’s Mountain Firehouse, as well as Mountain Avenue in Hackettstown where lines for gas stretched for blocks.
Jersey Central Power & Light's outage map is showing 5,931 township customers without power as of 9 a.m. Thursday.
Aside from Schooley’s Mountain Road between Camp Washington Road and Fairview Avenues, all major arteries in Washington Township are now passable, according to the Office of Emergency Management.
The following roads are either closed or down to one lane as of Thursday morning:
- Rock Road at Flocktown Road
- Bartley Road near Black Oak Golf Club
- Spring Lane near Naughright Road
- East Valley Brook near house #138
- Old Farmers Road between Christopher and Liberty Hills Court
- Hacklebarney Road and Long Hill Road
- Hacklebarney Road between Old Farmers Road and Black River Road
- Pickle Road by house #40
- Black River Road between Parker Road and Pickle Road
- Parker Road by house #20
- Parker Road between Black River Road and Sun Valley Way
- Parker Road by Walnut Farm Road
- Fairmount Road between LV Center and Dog Park
- East Springtown between Camp Washington and park entrance
- West Springtown between Harvest Lane and RiceLane
- West Mill Road between Beacon Hill Road and Middle Valley Road
- Schooley's Mountain Road between "Big Turn"and Camp Washington Road
- Fairview Avenue by Scenic Falls Road
- Kings Highway near house #190
- Old Turnpike Road between Stephensburg Road and Route 57
- Mount Lebanon Road, North Mount Lebanon Road
- Mountain View Avenue