Schools & Roads Open, 1,300 Still Dark
Washington Township is in day six after October snowstorm.
Washington Township's energy provider, Jersey Central Power & Light, says about 1,370 residences in the municipality were without power Thursday morning, according to its outage map.
The same map showed nearly 2,900 without power at 4 p.m. Wednesday. The utility company continues to promise that 95 percent of its customers will have power restored by end of day Thursday, Nov. 3, with the remaining 5 percent being completed Friday, Nov. 4.
Some roads have been reopened in town, most notably Schooley's Mountain Road between Flocktown and Newburgh Roads, as of 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The list of closed roads, according to the township, includes:
- Apgar Road the dirt sections
- Beacon Hill Road from Abedim to Township Line
- Black River Road from Hacklebarney Road to Tewksbury Line
- Coleman Road From Ridgeline Drive to East Mill Road
- Middle Valley Road from Zellers Road to Califon Road
- North Four Bridges Road from Bartley Road to Laketown Road
- Old Farmers Road from East Valley Brook to Parker Road
- Old Turnpike Road from Mt Lebanon Road to Route 57
- Stephensburg Road From Old Turnpike to Cider Mill Road
- West Valleybrook Road from Frog Hollow to Samantha Lane
Washington Township Schools and West Morris Central High School are operating on a two-hour delayed opening schedule Thursday. Each district has stated that bus routes have been altered for students to avoid the closed roads and still down power lines and trees.