.

Hastings Square House Fire Started With Tossed Match or Cigarette, Cops Say

Smoke contained to inside of home, police report.

Photo Courtesy Daphne Hunt.
Photo Courtesy Daphne Hunt.

No one was injured when a Knob Hill Road home began spewing smoke Thursday night before first responders could extinguish the problem.

Washington Township Police Cpl. Lucas Allen responded to the residence at 6:47 p.m. after a report of smoke coming from the interior wall of a home, Lt. Mark Niemynski said. When Allen arrived he found smoke coming from a façade near a chimney exhaust pipe, Niemynski said.

The occupants of the home were attempting to use a garden hose to extinguish the fire before fire companies arrived on scene. When firefighters arrived, they determined the blaze was smoldering inside the wall, and the preliminary cause was either a discarded match or cigarette, Niemynski said.

The fire was contained to a small section of plywood and siding, Niemynski said. No residents or first responders were injured.

For questions about this post, email jason.koestenblatt@patch.com.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »