The Washington Township Democratic Committee announced on Tuesday, May 31, it had endorsed resident Joseph W. Keyes as a on the June 7 primary election ballot.
Keyes, 61, is an independent IT consultant and small business owner. Keyes graduated Morristown High School in 1968 and graduated the County College of Morris with an AAS in Computer Science in 1974. He is married to his wife, Jan, and has two sons and a step-daughter.
Keyes is championing efficient and effective local government for Washington Township, and his campaign platform includes:
- Strategically consolidating services to gain long-term economies of scale, a better cost structure for us all
- Reducing pressure on property taxes
- Protecting critical services
- Active constructive engagement with the Board of Education and the local business community
- Accountable and transparent government
The Washington Township Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, June 7. Also running are Republicans .