Chester Lions Club
The CHESTER LIONS CLUB has served the Chesters, Mendham, and Long Valley for over 40 years. Our club offers a diverse collection of members, but we all share one common desire-- to help where help is needed-- promoting the Lion's motto: "We Serve."
In addition to helping those in our immediate community, we also have helped many volunteer organizations and other worthy causes-- financially as well as in other ways.
Below are some of the causes we have helped over the years.
- Local citizens are helped with free eye and ear.
- Funds are provided to boy and girl scout troops, athletic programs, the food pantry, Chester Senior Housing and the library.
- Scholarships are awarded to deserving seniors at West Morris Mendham and West Morris Central High Schools for many years.
- Support for equipment and vehicles have been provided to organizations such as the fire and police departments and first aid squads in the area.
- Organizations such as Welkind Rehabilitation Center, Matheny School, The Seeing Eye, and Morristown Memorial Hospital are supported with major donations.
- Financial support for victims of major catastrophes such earthquakes and hurricanes and for victims of 911 was sent direct and also through donations to Lions International.
- Donations have been given to organizations that support our troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.