.

More Roads Open, Almost 2,900 Still Powerless

Schooley's Mountain Road to open for good.

Road closures have decreased as of 4 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, with Schooley's Mountain Road scheduled to be available in both directions by 8 p.m., according to Washington Twp. Police Sgt. Doug Compton.

The closure on the county road is in the Cataract Park area, and once it opens Wednesday, is not scheduled to closed again, Compton said.

Nearly 2,900 residences are still powerless throughout Washington Township Wednesday afternoon, according to JCP&L's outage map. The area's energy provider continues to say that 95 percent of its customers are expected to be with power by Thursday, with the remaining 5 percent by Friday. 

"If trees have been removed from a roadway, but a barricade is still up, it's there for a reason," Compton said. "If a wire is still down, it can become live at any time without anybody's knowledge."

Roads still closed in the township include:

  • Apgar Road the dirt sections
  • Beacon Hill Road from Abedim to Township Line
  • Black River Road from Hacklebarney Road to Tewksbury Line
  • Coleman Road From Ridgeline Drive to East Mill Road
  • Middle Valley Road from Zellers Road to Califon Road
  • North Four Bridges Road from Bartley Road to Laketown Road
  • Old Farmers Road from E Valleybrook to Parker Road
  • Old Turnpike Road from Mt Lebanon Road to Route 57
  • Stephensburg Road From Old Turnpike to Cider Mill Road
  • West Valleybrook Road from Frog Hollow to Samantha Lane
MTSO November 03, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Coleman Road is closed the entire length. School buses travel that route. Get it prioritized and opened Mayor.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something